Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Small Business Solutions
- Avast Small Office Protection
If you are having difficulties with your Avast Business Firewall, you can get a better sense of what the Firewall is blocking down to the packet level, to help create packet rules/exceptions. This can only be done from the end device. For more information see Firewall Network Rules.
Enabling Blocked Packets Logs via Client UI
To enable the logging of blocked packets from the client UI:
- Go to Menu, then select Settings
- Click Search in the top right corner
- Type geek:area and hit ENTER
- Scroll to the Firewall section
- Tick the Log all blocked packets checkbox, then click Go Back
Once this feature has been enabled, induce the issue on the device to generate firewall logs.
Viewing Firewall Logs in Client UI
To access the generated firewall logs from the client UI:
- Open the Antivirus client
- Click Firewall
- In the Firewall screen, select the Logs tab
By default, the list shows apps blocked in the past month. You can use the drop-down arrow next to the filter to change the filtering options.
Other than by blocked apps, you can filter your firewall logs by blocked devices or applied rules. Also, you can alter the time range to show the results from the past minute, hour, day, month, or year.
Other Articles In This Section: