Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Small Business Solutions
- Avast Small Office Protection
This article describes the process of generating support packages locally, using Avast Support Tool. If your devices are managed by the
Avast Support Tool is a diagnostic tool that checks your Antivirus software for common problems, then automatically generates a support package from the gathered data and sends it to Avast Business Support for analysis.
To check if you have the built-in Avast Support Tool, perform the following steps:
- Open your local client and navigate to Menu > Settings > General > Troubleshooting
- Scroll to the bottom to check if the Send Logs button is available
If so, you can run the tool by simply clicking the button. If not, you will need to download Avast Support Tool first, then run it as admin.
Running Avast Support Tool
Once you click the Send Logs button or run the downloaded tool, do the following:
- In the dialog that pops up, click Next to proceed
- Provide the following:
- The email address you provided when you first contacted Avast Business Support (by submitting a ticket or starting a chat) that is linked to your ticket
- The ticket number you received after submitting your ticket
- Description of the issue (optional)
- Additional attachments (optional)
- Click Generate and wait until the tool finishes gathering the necessary data (may take several minutes)
- By default, the generated support file is automatically sent to Avast Business Support (if you are connected to the internet). If needed, you can change this setting by clicking Options in the bottom left corner and unticking the checkbox next to Automatically send to Avast.
Once the package has been generated, Avast Support Tool will generate a file ID for the package and save a copy of the file to your device.
IMPORTANT: Before closing the tool, please make sure you have the generated file ID at hand during your next communication with Avast Business Support, as you will need to provide it to our representatives.
Submitting Support Packages Manually
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\AvastSupport and send it to Avast Business Support for analysis.
If the size of the gathered data exceeds 50MB, follow the process
Other Articles In This Section: