Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Business Antivirus for Linux
For full Linux-related documentation, see Avast Business Antivirus for Linux Technical Guide.
The older (3.x) versions of Avast Business Antivirus for Linux no longer support:
- Debian 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, RHEL 7, RHEL 8 (these are added with v4.0)
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, RHEL 9 (these are added with v4.1)
- 32-bit Linux OS versions in general (some 3.x Antivirus versions may still support 32-bit systems at the moment, but the VPS updates for those will be discontinued during 2023)
Using an older version of Avast Business Antivirus for Linux carries the risk of it not functioning properly in new releases of Debian, Ubuntu, and RHEL distributions. It also means not receiving software updates or technical support.
If you are using an older version of the product, please upgrade to the current version as soon as possible by following these instructions:
- To check the current product version, type:
avast -V(see the Appendix B: avast(1) manual page section of Avast Business Antivirus for Linux Technical Guide for more information)
- To install the latest version, follow the installation instructions provided in Installing Antivirus for Linux or refer to the chapter 2 (Installation) of the above-mentioned technical guide.
Also, note that the 4.x versions of Avast Business Antivirus for Linux do not support:
- Debian 9
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- RHEL 6
- 32-bit Linux OS versions in general
For more information on general system requirements for Avast Business Antivirus for Linux and available options for older operating systems, see Linux System Requirements.
Other Articles In This Section: