Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Business Hub
From the Devices page of your Business Hub, you can remotely run or stop various types of tasks across the devices in your network. Namely, you can:
- Scan devices
- Update devices' Antivirus program and virus definitions
- Shut down and restart devices
- Back up and restore devices' data (when Cloud Backup is active)
- Scan for and install patches on devices (when Patch Management is active)
The tasks can be applied to all devices in your network at once or to selected devices only.
Note that all tasks performed manually from the Devices page are immediate, one-time tasks. Most tasks, however, can also run automatically if the related policy settings are enabled.
To see how to manually run tasks or set up automatic tasks (when possible), refer to the following articles:
Running Quick Scans
Running Full System Scans
Configuring and Running Boot-Time Scans
Configuring and Running Custom Scans
Scanning Devices for Missing Patches
Deploying Missing Patches
- Backing Up Files With Cloud Backup
- Restoring Backed Up Files
Updating Antivirus Program and Virus Definitions
Shutting Down and Restarting Devices
Tasks will only run when the selected devices are turned on and connected to the network.
Viewing Task Details
To access more detailed information about a specific device's tasks:
- Open the Devices page
- Click the device's alias to open its Detail drawer
- Go to the Tasks tab
Via the buttons in the top right corner, you can switch between the completed tasks and those still waiting to be executed.
Both lists will contain the following information for each task:
- Type: Full system scan, Quick scan, Boot-time scan, Custom scan, Update program, Update virus definitions, Restart, Shutdown, Patch scan, Patch installation
, Cloud backup, Backup restore
- Frequency: One-time, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly
- Status: Created, Running, Stopping / Failed, Stopped, Done
- Created: Creation time (hovering over an entry will display more detailed information)
The Waiting list will also provide the information on the device count, i.e. the number of devices a task is created for. Clicking a link here (e.g. 2 Devices) will filter the Device list to show only those devices.
The Completed list will instead show the name and completion time of each task. Also, the result of any listed task (e.g. Device restarted) can be viewed by clicking the Show Results link in the Result column (you will be redirected to the
To facilitate data lookup, you can filter the lists by type and status, while other columns can be sorted to show results in ascending or descending order. You can also search for a specific completed task by its name.
If needed, you can stop a task via its actions menu (three dots).
You can also stop multiple tasks at once by ticking the checkboxes next to them, then selecting Task Actions > Stop above the list.
Other Articles In This Section: