PROXIMANOVA-LIGHT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-LIGHTIT.OTF PROXIMANOVA-EXTRABLD.OTF PROXIMANOVA-BOLD.OTFPROXIMANOVA-BLACK.OTF
Get this font in here!
Anti-Theft for Android
This Article Applies to:
- Small Office Protection
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Mobile Protection has been removed from all Small Business Solutions subscriptions (Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security) due to low adoption. The mobile devices with the subscriptions activated are reverted to the free version.
The Anti-Theft feature available in Avast Mobile Security is designed to protect private data on your mobile device and help you recover the device in the case of loss or theft. You can control the missing device remotely via your Avast Account, which allows you to track the device and lock or erase private data.
Before you can control your device remotely, Anti-Theft must be enabled on your device by completing the initial setup described below.
- From the Avast Mobile Security app, go to Menu > Anti-Theft
- Review the privacy notice, then tap Continue
Set Anti-Theft PIN Code
If you already created a PIN code while setting up App Locking or Photo Vault, you do not need to create a separate PIN code for Anti-Theft. If you see the message PIN code set, you can skip straight to the Grant Permissions section.
- On the Anti-Theft setup screen, tap Set a PIN code
- Select an email account (used for PIN reset if needed) and tap Ok to confirm
- Choose your PIN code, then retype it to confirm
- Tap Continue to complete the PIN Setup
Before you can activate the Anti-Theft feature, you need to grant Avast Mobile Security several permissions in your device settings. These permissions are essential for you to track and control your device remotely.
These steps may differ slightly depending on your device model and Android version.
- On the Anti-Theft setup screen, tap Grant necessary permissions
- Tap Go To Settings, then tap the slider next to Allow permission under Avast Mobile Security so that it changes from white (OFF) to blue (ON) to grant the System Overlay permission
- Tap Go to Settings > Activate to grant the Device Administrator permission
- To grant the Usage Access permission, tap Grant Permission, then selectAvast Mobile Security and tap the slider next to Allow usage tracking so that it changes to blue (ON)
- Tap Go to Settings, then tap the slider next to Allow permission so that it changes to blue (ON) to grant the Write Settings permission
- Tap Continue to give Avast Mobile Security permission to see your device's location. This allows you to locate your device in the case of loss or theft.
- Tap Go To Settings to proceed with granting the remaining necessary permissions
- Tap Allow on each dialog that appears (you may need to grant Location, Calls, and Media and Files permissions)
Conect to Avast Account
After you've given Anti-Theft all the permissions necessary for you to track and control your device remotely, follow the steps below to connect Avast Mobile Security to your Avast Account.
If Mobile Security is already connected to an Avast Account, you will see the message Avast Account set. In that case, tap Activate Anti-Theft and skip the below steps.
Note that It is not possible to control and track your device remotely if Avast Mobile Security is not connected to an Avast Account.
- On the Anti-Theft setup screen, tap Connect to your Avast Account
- Tap Set Up Web Control > Email
- Enter your Avast Account credentials and tap Log In Avast Account (if you do not have an Avast Account yet , tap Sign Up in the bottom right corner of the screen to create one)
Set a Pattern (Optional)
After connecting Avast Mobile Security to your Avast Account, you will be directed to the Anti-Theft setup screen again. If you wish, you can tap Set a pattern to access protected areas of your device with a swipe gesture rather than a PIN code. Otherwise, tap Activate Anti-Theft to complete the setup.
Configuring Anti-Theft Settings
To configure Anti-Theft settings and specify how your device will behave in case of loss or theft:
- From the Avast Mobile Security app, go to Menu > Anti-Theft
- Enter your PIN
- Enable, disable, or configure the available settings described below as desired
PIN Security: Allows you to use additional protection by marking your device as lost if your Anti-Theft PIN is entered incorrectly eight times
PIN Security is enabled by default. To manage it, go to Anti-Theft > PIN security.
By default, when you mark your device as lost (see Remote Control Commands for more info), the following settings will apply:
Lock device: Makes your device inaccessible to intruders by activating a lock screen that requires PIN code
Sound siren: Activates a loud siren on your device to alert you or others of its location
Last known location: Records the last known location and sends it to your Avast Account before the device's battery dies
Web control: Set up or change the Avast Account you will use for remote control in the case of loss or theft
Command history: See the history of the commands successfully received from the connected Avast Account.
PIN & Pattern: Configure the method used to access Anti-Theft, choosing between a PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint.
Lock screen message: Set up a personalized message that will appear when someone tries to access your device after it has been locked by Anti-Theft (for example, a phone number to call)
Device administrator: Toggle the Device administrator permission on/off (you will be taken to the appropriates device's settings)
If you revoke device administrator settings for Avast Mobile Security, you will not be able to control your device remotely in case of loss or theft. We strongly recommend keeping it enabled at all times, and only disabling it if you need to uninstall Mobile Security.
Anti-Theft Remote Control
Anti-Theft can remotely control your missing device from an Avast Account that you connected to this Mobile Security component. Note that you cannot control a missing device unless the following requirements are met:
- The device is turned on and connected to the internet
- Anti-Theft is enabled on the device
- The device is paired with an Avast Account
Without access to the device, it is not possible to pair it with an Avast Account or enable Anti-Theft.
Accessing Remote Control
- Log in to your Avast Account
- Locate the Anti-Theft tile on home screen and click the Go to Anti-Theft link
- Select your missing mobile device
An overview of the device will be shown along with Anti-Theft commands
Ensure you sign in to the Avast Account that is connected to the Avast Mobile Security app on your missing device.
Remote Control Commands
Locate: Uses GPS to locate your device, giving you two tracking options:
- Request location: Shows the device's current location
- Track Device: Allows you to choose how often to locate the device (min. 5 minutes) so you can monitor location changes in Notifications (accessed via the Info option in the upper right corner of the device overview screen)
Mark as Lost: Sends a command to the device, setting it as Lost or Found (see Lost Device for more info)
Siren: Activates a loud siren on your device to alert you or others of its location (automatically enabled when the device is marked as lost)
Lock: Makes your device inaccessible to intruders by activating a lock screen that requires PIN code (automatically enabled when the device is marked as lost)
Wipe: Send a command to the device to wipe all stored data and initiate a factory reset
- This command will remove all the data from the phone, including Anti-Theft. Once this command is issued, it cannot be undone and no further control of the device by Anti-Theft will be possible.
Other Articles In This Section: