Get this font in here!
This Article Applies to:
- Avast Small Office Protection
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Mobile Protection has been removed from all Small Business Solutions subscriptions (Essential/Premium/Ultimate Business Security) due to low adoption. The mobile devices with the subscriptions activated are reverted to the free version.
To install Mobile Protection on an Android device:
- Download Avast Mobile Security from Play Store
- Click Install
- If necessary, click Accept to allow the download to begin
Once the application is installed on your device, you can click the icon to open it. From there, you should follow the instructions provided in Activating Subscriptions on Android.
Removing Mobile Protection
Due to the Device Administrator permission used by the Anti-Theft component, Avast Mobile Protection on Android is protected against uninstallation. If you are using the Anti-Theft feature, you must deactivate this permission prior to uninstalling the application.
The below steps can differ slightly depending on your device model, Android version, and vendor customizations.
Removing Device Administrator Permission
- From your device's Settings, go to Privacy Protection > Special Permissions
- Tap Device admin apps
- Tap Avast Mobile Security
- Tap Deactivate to disable the permission
Uninstalling Mobile Protection
- From your device's Settings, go to Apps > Manage Apps
- Select Avast Mobile Security
- Tap Uninstall
- Tap Ok to confirm the action
Other Articles In This Section: